E.T.A. – Energie Tecnologie Ambiente is an Italian company operating at national level in the energy sector, by processing renewable and assimilated sources, which would otherwise go to landfill, and generating renewable energy which is fed into the national electricity grid. It represents the closure of the cycle of urban waste management in the Puglia Region.
E.T.A.’s operational strategy is based on innovation, development and use of advanced technologies, as well as on professionalism and qualitative development of products and processes for an optimal treatment of Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF).
The plant entered commercial operation in March 2016 following the start-up period and has 30 employees.
Since June 2021, its share capital has been held 90% by Foresight Group and the remaining 10% by the historic partner of ETA, the Marcegaglia Group.
Foresight Group is a leading company in investments in sustainable real economy projects through private equity and infrastructure funds. The company was founded in 1984 and currently manages around € 8 billion.
Euro Energy Group developed E.T.A and manages its day to day operations on behalf of the Shareholders, which provides continuation on the project.
E.T.A. plant in Manfredonia explained in numbers:
• Lot size: 268,660 m2
• Total volume: 77,571.10 m3
• Covered surface: 8,936.24 m2
• Waterproofed outdoor surface area: 42,200 m2
• Gross power output: 16.8 MWe
• Net power output: 14.0 MWe
• Internal consumption: 2.8 MWe
• Annual electricity produced: 126 GWh/year
• Network voltage: 150 kV
• Thermal input (at 20 °C): 61.9 MWt
• Operating hours per year: 7,500 h/year
• Authorised annual processing capacity: 147,000 tons/year
• Nominal capacity: 13.1 tons/h of SRF at 17 MJ/kg
• Annual electricity exported to the grid: 105 GWh/year
enough to power around 10,000 homes
• CO2 emission savings: 120,000 tons/year
Energie Tecnologie Ambiente s.r.l.
piazza Barberini, 52 – 00187 Rome – Italy
Fiscal code 10223350157 – VAT number IT 01050700796
Administrative office c/o EuroEnergy Group s.r.l.
via G. Alessi, 2 – 20020 Lainate, Milan – Italy
phone +39 . 02 937 968 72 – fax +39 . 02 937 968 88